United Continental Holdings Inc. and the Adelante! U.S. Education Leadership Fund are hosting its annual video contest, "Destino: Latinoamerica" ("Destination: Latin America") that gives Hispanic college students a chance to win a trip to Latin America.
To enter, students must submit a two-to-three-minute video highlighting five reasons to visit one of the Latin American or Caribbean countries where United flies. The first-place winner will receive four tickets good for travel to any United destination in the continental U.S., Mexico, Central America or the Caribbean. The second-place video maker will get two tickets, according to a press release.
"Latin America and the Caribbean are major markets for United as we focus on our expanded global network," said John Slater, United's vice president of sales-Americas. "Our goal is for 'Destino: Latinoamerica' to increase Hispanic college students' awareness of the cultural, historical and commercial ties between the U.S. and Latin America and the Caribbean – knowledge that will serve them well for careers in a global marketplace."
The deadline for the video submission is May 27. Winners will be announced on Oct. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women