The National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) recently announced its March 1 Launch of its 2011 Scholarship Program, which provides scholarships to Hispanics pursuing an MBA.
Its the nonprofits 22nd year providing the scholarship program.
The 2011 application period opens March 1 and runs through May 2 with financial awards ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, according to a press release. The awards are a combination of scholarship funds with the $10,000 scholarships given to the top five full-time applicants who demonstrate financial need.
Recipients are selected on academic achievement, work experience, financial need, personal statements of goals and aspirations, community service, letters of recommendation, and NSHMBA ambassadorship.
"This should not only be an exciting time for the organization but for Hispanic students and professionals looking to further their educations through pursuit of an MBA," said Manny Gonzalez, NSHMBA CEO.
Last year, the organization awarded $532,125 in scholarships, which brings the total to more than $4.28 million in scholarships over the past 6 years given to 1,036 recipients, according to NSHMBA.
To recognize the recipients, NSHMBA will hold its annual conference in Anaheim, Calif., from Oct. 13 to 15.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review