The National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) recently announced its March 1 Launch of its 2011 Scholarship Program, which provides scholarships to Hispanics pursuing an MBA.
Its the nonprofits 22nd year providing the scholarship program.
The 2011 application period opens March 1 and runs through May 2 with financial awards ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, according to a press release. The awards are a combination of scholarship funds with the $10,000 scholarships given to the top five full-time applicants who demonstrate financial need.
Recipients are selected on academic achievement, work experience, financial need, personal statements of goals and aspirations, community service, letters of recommendation, and NSHMBA ambassadorship.
"This should not only be an exciting time for the organization but for Hispanic students and professionals looking to further their educations through pursuit of an MBA," said Manny Gonzalez, NSHMBA CEO.
Last year, the organization awarded $532,125 in scholarships, which brings the total to more than $4.28 million in scholarships over the past 6 years given to 1,036 recipients, according to NSHMBA.
To recognize the recipients, NSHMBA will hold its annual conference in Anaheim, Calif., from Oct. 13 to 15.
Most Popular Stories
- GM Joins Nissan to Supply Small Cargo Vehicle
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Ford Trucks See Boost as Roadshow Reaches Saudi Arabia
- Darden Competition for Small Businesses Opens
- NTSB Wants to Lower Blood Alcohol Limit to 0.05
- Wal-Mart Misses Forecast
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Ladies in White Group Needs Help From Abroad
- Kerry Concerned Over Blasphemy Laws, Anti-Semitism
- GM to Rejoin S&P 500, Akerson Says