The National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) recently announced its March 1 Launch of its 2011 Scholarship Program, which provides scholarships to Hispanics pursuing an MBA.
Its the nonprofits 22nd year providing the scholarship program.
The 2011 application period opens March 1 and runs through May 2 with financial awards ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, according to a press release. The awards are a combination of scholarship funds with the $10,000 scholarships given to the top five full-time applicants who demonstrate financial need.
Recipients are selected on academic achievement, work experience, financial need, personal statements of goals and aspirations, community service, letters of recommendation, and NSHMBA ambassadorship.
"This should not only be an exciting time for the organization but for Hispanic students and professionals looking to further their educations through pursuit of an MBA," said Manny Gonzalez, NSHMBA CEO.
Last year, the organization awarded $532,125 in scholarships, which brings the total to more than $4.28 million in scholarships over the past 6 years given to 1,036 recipients, according to NSHMBA.
To recognize the recipients, NSHMBA will hold its annual conference in Anaheim, Calif., from Oct. 13 to 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11