Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has not been invited to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29.
A spokesman for the Duchess downplayed the snub, saying, in a release, that Ms. Ferguson "never expected to be invited."
It seems likely, however, that she was omitted from the list for good reason. Ferguson has caused a great deal of embarrassment for the royal family in recent years, through a highly publicized divorce from Prince Andrew, and then a sting operation that filmed her trying to sell access to the royal family to business interests.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid