Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has not been invited to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29.
A spokesman for the Duchess downplayed the snub, saying, in a release, that Ms. Ferguson "never expected to be invited."
It seems likely, however, that she was omitted from the list for good reason. Ferguson has caused a great deal of embarrassment for the royal family in recent years, through a highly publicized divorce from Prince Andrew, and then a sting operation that filmed her trying to sell access to the royal family to business interests.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries