Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has not been invited to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29.
A spokesman for the Duchess downplayed the snub, saying, in a release, that Ms. Ferguson "never expected to be invited."
It seems likely, however, that she was omitted from the list for good reason. Ferguson has caused a great deal of embarrassment for the royal family in recent years, through a highly publicized divorce from Prince Andrew, and then a sting operation that filmed her trying to sell access to the royal family to business interests.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Hawaii is Genetically Engineered Crop Flash Point