Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has not been invited to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29.
A spokesman for the Duchess downplayed the snub, saying, in a release, that Ms. Ferguson "never expected to be invited."
It seems likely, however, that she was omitted from the list for good reason. Ferguson has caused a great deal of embarrassment for the royal family in recent years, through a highly publicized divorce from Prince Andrew, and then a sting operation that filmed her trying to sell access to the royal family to business interests.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11