Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has not been invited to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29.
A spokesman for the Duchess downplayed the snub, saying, in a release, that Ms. Ferguson "never expected to be invited."
It seems likely, however, that she was omitted from the list for good reason. Ferguson has caused a great deal of embarrassment for the royal family in recent years, through a highly publicized divorce from Prince Andrew, and then a sting operation that filmed her trying to sell access to the royal family to business interests.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response