President Barack Obama personally called CBS reporter Lara Logan yesterday to wish her well in her recovery. Logan has recently been released from hospital to continue her recovery from home, reported the Washington Post Thursday.
Logan suffered a brutal beating and sexual assault by a mob in Cairo on Monday, the day Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down. The Whitehouse has called Egypt to bring Logan's attackers to justice, reported Sify News.
The reporter, working on a story for 60 MINUTES, was rescued from the mob of over 200 by a group of women and at least 20 Egyptian police, according to the Huffington Post.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists