President Barack Obama personally called CBS reporter Lara Logan yesterday to wish her well in her recovery. Logan has recently been released from hospital to continue her recovery from home, reported the Washington Post Thursday.
Logan suffered a brutal beating and sexual assault by a mob in Cairo on Monday, the day Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down. The Whitehouse has called Egypt to bring Logan's attackers to justice, reported Sify News.
The reporter, working on a story for 60 MINUTES, was rescued from the mob of over 200 by a group of women and at least 20 Egyptian police, according to the Huffington Post.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Easter morning delivery for space station