Veena Malik, Pakistani actress, is in hot water again back home after posing nude for an Indian magazine with the initials of Pakistan's feared and powerful intelligence agency on her arm.
Veena's photo on the website of FHM India is expected to cause a backlash in Pakistan, as nationalists and Islamists are consistently against anything they deem an insult to Islam or national honor. Throw in the fact that it's an Indian magazine and that the Pakistanis and the Indians are not BFFs, and trouble is expected.
Conservative cleric Maulana Abdul Qawi declared on Aaj TV Saturday that Veena's latest venture into controversy was a "shame for all Muslims."
For her part, Veena said in an interview with Pakistani Geo television, that the nude photo was published in violation of her agreement with FHM India and that she was considering legal action.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'