Veena Malik, Pakistani actress, is in hot water again back home after posing nude for an Indian magazine with the initials of Pakistan's feared and powerful intelligence agency on her arm.
Veena's photo on the website of FHM India is expected to cause a backlash in Pakistan, as nationalists and Islamists are consistently against anything they deem an insult to Islam or national honor. Throw in the fact that it's an Indian magazine and that the Pakistanis and the Indians are not BFFs, and trouble is expected.
Conservative cleric Maulana Abdul Qawi declared on Aaj TV Saturday that Veena's latest venture into controversy was a "shame for all Muslims."
For her part, Veena said in an interview with Pakistani Geo television, that the nude photo was published in violation of her agreement with FHM India and that she was considering legal action.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women