Veena Malik, Pakistani actress, is in hot water again back home after posing nude for an Indian magazine with the initials of Pakistan's feared and powerful intelligence agency on her arm.
Veena's photo on the website of FHM India is expected to cause a backlash in Pakistan, as nationalists and Islamists are consistently against anything they deem an insult to Islam or national honor. Throw in the fact that it's an Indian magazine and that the Pakistanis and the Indians are not BFFs, and trouble is expected.
Conservative cleric Maulana Abdul Qawi declared on Aaj TV Saturday that Veena's latest venture into controversy was a "shame for all Muslims."
For her part, Veena said in an interview with Pakistani Geo television, that the nude photo was published in violation of her agreement with FHM India and that she was considering legal action.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders