Veena Malik, Pakistani actress, is in hot water again back home after posing nude for an Indian magazine with the initials of Pakistan's feared and powerful intelligence agency on her arm.
Veena's photo on the website of FHM India is expected to cause a backlash in Pakistan, as nationalists and Islamists are consistently against anything they deem an insult to Islam or national honor. Throw in the fact that it's an Indian magazine and that the Pakistanis and the Indians are not BFFs, and trouble is expected.
Conservative cleric Maulana Abdul Qawi declared on Aaj TV Saturday that Veena's latest venture into controversy was a "shame for all Muslims."
For her part, Veena said in an interview with Pakistani Geo television, that the nude photo was published in violation of her agreement with FHM India and that she was considering legal action.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say