The story of Amanda Knox, the American student who was convicted of murder by the Italian courts, captivated news readers since her arrest in 2007, through her conviction in 2009, and, finally, her acquittal and homecoming last October. It's a Hollywood-worthy finish to the story of her trials, and several book publishers have shown interest in Knox writing a memoir of her experience. A spokesperson for Amanda Knox today announced that she had retained the services of attorney Robert Barnett in negotiating a book deal.
According to Reuters, a statement issued by Amanda Knox's spokesperson indicates that Barnett "will also assist Amanda and her family in evaluating other opportunities as well."
Robert B. Barnett adds Amanda Knox to a host of notable client authors, including President Barack Obama, Former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Shania Twain, Alan Greenspan, James Patterson, Tim Russert, Barbara Streisand, Queen Noor of Jordan, and many more. He is a partner at the firm Williams & Connolly.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women