Ex-NHL player Matthew Barnaby, spotted driving his sports car with only three tires Monday, was arrested for drunken driving, authorities said.
Erie County sheriff's deputies said the front driver's side tire was missing when Barnaby, 38, of Clarence, N.Y., a hockey analyst for ESPN, was pulled over about 3:15 a.m. The Buffalo News reported.
Barnaby failed field sobriety tests and refused to take a Breathalyzer test, the newspaper said. He was booked for DUI and later released to the custody of his lawyer, the News said.
The retired player was arrested on domestic violence charges involving his ex-wife last spring. He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges.
Barnaby played seven seasons for the Buffalo Sabres before going on to the Pittsburgh Penguins,Tampa Bay Lightning, New York Rangers, Colorado Avalanche, Chicago Blackhawks and Dallas Stars in an NHL career that stretched from 1997 to 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering