Ex-NHL player Matthew Barnaby, spotted driving his sports car with only three tires Monday, was arrested for drunken driving, authorities said.
Erie County sheriff's deputies said the front driver's side tire was missing when Barnaby, 38, of Clarence, N.Y., a hockey analyst for ESPN, was pulled over about 3:15 a.m. The Buffalo News reported.
Barnaby failed field sobriety tests and refused to take a Breathalyzer test, the newspaper said. He was booked for DUI and later released to the custody of his lawyer, the News said.
The retired player was arrested on domestic violence charges involving his ex-wife last spring. He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges.
Barnaby played seven seasons for the Buffalo Sabres before going on to the Pittsburgh Penguins,Tampa Bay Lightning, New York Rangers, Colorado Avalanche, Chicago Blackhawks and Dallas Stars in an NHL career that stretched from 1997 to 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton