Ex-NHL player Matthew Barnaby, spotted driving his sports car with only three tires Monday, was arrested for drunken driving, authorities said.
Erie County sheriff's deputies said the front driver's side tire was missing when Barnaby, 38, of Clarence, N.Y., a hockey analyst for ESPN, was pulled over about 3:15 a.m. The Buffalo News reported.
Barnaby failed field sobriety tests and refused to take a Breathalyzer test, the newspaper said. He was booked for DUI and later released to the custody of his lawyer, the News said.
The retired player was arrested on domestic violence charges involving his ex-wife last spring. He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges.
Barnaby played seven seasons for the Buffalo Sabres before going on to the Pittsburgh Penguins,Tampa Bay Lightning, New York Rangers, Colorado Avalanche, Chicago Blackhawks and Dallas Stars in an NHL career that stretched from 1997 to 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women