Ex-NHL player Matthew Barnaby, spotted driving his sports car with only three tires Monday, was arrested for drunken driving, authorities said.
Erie County sheriff's deputies said the front driver's side tire was missing when Barnaby, 38, of Clarence, N.Y., a hockey analyst for ESPN, was pulled over about 3:15 a.m. The Buffalo News reported.
Barnaby failed field sobriety tests and refused to take a Breathalyzer test, the newspaper said. He was booked for DUI and later released to the custody of his lawyer, the News said.
The retired player was arrested on domestic violence charges involving his ex-wife last spring. He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges.
Barnaby played seven seasons for the Buffalo Sabres before going on to the Pittsburgh Penguins,Tampa Bay Lightning, New York Rangers, Colorado Avalanche, Chicago Blackhawks and Dallas Stars in an NHL career that stretched from 1997 to 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11