BuzzFeed this past weekend released "The 45 Most Powerful Images Of 2011" and according to Facebook + Media, the link of images has received more than 1.4 million referrals from Facebook.
Images include events from Occupy Wall Street protests, aftermath from the Japan earthquake and tsunami, teh riots in Cairo, Egypt and other images of destructions across the nation following natural disasters.
Here are some specific images:
Robert Peraza, who lost his son Robert David Peraza in 9/11, pauses at his son's name at the North Pool of the 9/11 Memorial.
Members of the national security team receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House on May 1.
Phyllis Siegel, 76, left, and Connie Kopelov, 84, both of New York, embrace after becoming the first same-sex couple to get married at the Manhattan City Clerk's office.
Christians protect Muslims during prayer in Cairo, Egypt.
Harold Camping speaks about the end of the world. The world was supposed to end on May 22 of this year.
US gay service members march in a gay pride parade for the first time ever.
See BuzzFeed's entire list here.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt