BuzzFeed this past weekend released "The 45 Most Powerful Images Of 2011" and according to Facebook + Media, the link of images has received more than 1.4 million referrals from Facebook.
Images include events from Occupy Wall Street protests, aftermath from the Japan earthquake and tsunami, teh riots in Cairo, Egypt and other images of destructions across the nation following natural disasters.
Here are some specific images:
Robert Peraza, who lost his son Robert David Peraza in 9/11, pauses at his son's name at the North Pool of the 9/11 Memorial.
Members of the national security team receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House on May 1.
Phyllis Siegel, 76, left, and Connie Kopelov, 84, both of New York, embrace after becoming the first same-sex couple to get married at the Manhattan City Clerk's office.
Christians protect Muslims during prayer in Cairo, Egypt.
Harold Camping speaks about the end of the world. The world was supposed to end on May 22 of this year.
US gay service members march in a gay pride parade for the first time ever.
See BuzzFeed's entire list here.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy