Twitter Hacked, Falsely Promises Free iPad 2s --> Yesterday, Lady Gaga's Twitter stream, @ladygaga, promised free iPad 2s for her "monsters" at approximately 10:20 a.m. By 1 p.m., Lady Gaga herself confirmed that it was a hack job, and had been resolved. But it's a good reminder to fans that even the biggest stars are subject to security compromises, and links that look fishy should never be clicked on.
TechCrunch has the full sequence of events and further details on Lady Gaga getting hacked on Twitter and promising not only iPad 2s, but MacBook Airs.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women