Yesterday, Lady Gaga's Twitter stream, @ladygaga, promised free iPad 2s for her "monsters" at approximately 10:20 a.m. By 1 p.m., Lady Gaga herself confirmed that it was a hack job, and had been resolved. But it's a good reminder to fans that even the biggest stars are subject to security compromises, and links that look fishy should never be clicked on.
TechCrunch has the full sequence of events and further details on Lady Gaga getting hacked on Twitter and promising not only iPad 2s, but MacBook Airs.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season