Yesterday, Lady Gaga's Twitter stream, @ladygaga, promised free iPad 2s for her "monsters" at approximately 10:20 a.m. By 1 p.m., Lady Gaga herself confirmed that it was a hack job, and had been resolved. But it's a good reminder to fans that even the biggest stars are subject to security compromises, and links that look fishy should never be clicked on.
TechCrunch has the full sequence of events and further details on Lady Gaga getting hacked on Twitter and promising not only iPad 2s, but MacBook Airs.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'