Yesterday, Lady Gaga's Twitter stream, @ladygaga, promised free iPad 2s for her "monsters" at approximately 10:20 a.m. By 1 p.m., Lady Gaga herself confirmed that it was a hack job, and had been resolved. But it's a good reminder to fans that even the biggest stars are subject to security compromises, and links that look fishy should never be clicked on.
TechCrunch has the full sequence of events and further details on Lady Gaga getting hacked on Twitter and promising not only iPad 2s, but MacBook Airs.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women