Yesterday, Lady Gaga's Twitter stream, @ladygaga, promised free iPad 2s for her "monsters" at approximately 10:20 a.m. By 1 p.m., Lady Gaga herself confirmed that it was a hack job, and had been resolved. But it's a good reminder to fans that even the biggest stars are subject to security compromises, and links that look fishy should never be clicked on.
TechCrunch has the full sequence of events and further details on Lady Gaga getting hacked on Twitter and promising not only iPad 2s, but MacBook Airs.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English