Hugh Hefner, "Playboy" magazine creator, said he is hoping that Lindsay Lohan's Playboy shoot will help the actress' comeback.
Lindsay Lohan this month scored the cover of the popular men's magazine and her Marilyn Monroe-themed pictorial has everyone talking.
The cover and photos were leaked before it hit the magazine racks, but Hefner said it still made good sales: "The Lindsay Lohan January-February Double Issue is breaking sales records," he tweeted yesterday.
On Dec. 17, Lohan tweeted: "Playboy on stands now! I was so nervous! I hope people like it :) and pick up a copy!!! * ....xoxo"
Hefner said had mixed emotions to feature Lohan in the magazine, according to People.com, but admitted that "I could not have anticipated, quite frankly, that it would turn out to be such a sensational newsworthy event, or that the pictorial would turn out so well."
Hefner, 85, also told People.com that he hopes the Playboy opportunity is a step in the right direction for Lohan, 25.
"Historically, Playboy pictorials are connected to celebrities at various times in their career," Hefner says. "Sometimes it's the beginning of their career and sometimes it comes at a particular moment – as with Lindsay – that is intended as a turnaround."
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation