Amy Winehouse finished the year of her death with a Top 10 placing in Australia's album charts. Her posthumous album, Lioness: Hidden Treasures, was eighth in a listing released Monday and headed by fellow British singer Adele.
Susan Boyle, who toured in November, was second on a list compiled by the Australian Recording Industry Association that also included fellow crooner Tony Bennett.
Winehouse, whose album features original tracks and covers, is top of the album charts in Britain.
An inquest found the 27-year-old was more than five times the legal drink-drive limit when she was found dead in her London home in July.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'