HBO has released a trailer for the second season of its hit original series Game of Thrones. The Game of Thrones Season Two: Cold Winds Are Rising trailer teases events of the series' second season, which launches in April 2012.
The Game of Thrones HBO series is based on the epic fantasy series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R.R. Martin. The first season of the HBO series mostly follows the first book in the series, itself titled "A Game of Thrones." The second book in the series, "A Clash of Kings," will be the rough basis for HBO's Game of Thrones season two. Viewers can expect the war for the Iron Throne of Westeros to intensify; this teaser trailer (see below) is narrated by Stannis Baratheon, the middle brother of the former king, Robert Baratheon, one of the contenders for the crown, along with Joffrey Baratheon, Renly Baratheon, and Robb Stark.
Both versions of Martin's epic tale continue to gain steam. The fifth installment of the fantasy series was released last summer; "A Dance with Dragons" not only made the bestseller list, but the rest of the catalog did as well on the momentum of the new book and the television series' popularity. Meanwhile, Peter Dinklage, who portrays Tyrion Lannister in the HBO series, won an Emmy award for his performance on the show.
Tease - Cold Winds Are Rising
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World