McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) today announced that U.S. comparable sales rose 5.2%, and global comps rose 5.5 percent. The U.S. success was in part catalyzed by
McDonald's Monopoly game promotion, said the company, along with ongoing popularity of what the company referred to as "featured products": the Big Mac, Chicken McNuggets, Fruit & Maple Oatmeal, and McCafe beverages.
Other segments also reported positive comps. Globally, comps rose 5.5 percent, while the European segment reported a 4.8 percent increase and the Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa segment reported a 6.1 percent increase.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters