McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) today announced that U.S. comparable sales rose 5.2%, and global comps rose 5.5 percent. The U.S. success was in part catalyzed by
McDonald's Monopoly game promotion, said the company, along with ongoing popularity of what the company referred to as "featured products": the Big Mac, Chicken McNuggets, Fruit & Maple Oatmeal, and McCafe beverages.
Other segments also reported positive comps. Globally, comps rose 5.5 percent, while the European segment reported a 4.8 percent increase and the Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa segment reported a 6.1 percent increase.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills