McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) today announced that U.S. comparable sales rose 5.2%, and global comps rose 5.5 percent. The U.S. success was in part catalyzed by
McDonald's Monopoly game promotion, said the company, along with ongoing popularity of what the company referred to as "featured products": the Big Mac, Chicken McNuggets, Fruit & Maple Oatmeal, and McCafe beverages.
Other segments also reported positive comps. Globally, comps rose 5.5 percent, while the European segment reported a 4.8 percent increase and the Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa segment reported a 6.1 percent increase.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps