McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) today announced that U.S. comparable sales rose 5.2%, and global comps rose 5.5 percent. The U.S. success was in part catalyzed by
McDonald's Monopoly game promotion, said the company, along with ongoing popularity of what the company referred to as "featured products": the Big Mac, Chicken McNuggets, Fruit & Maple Oatmeal, and McCafe beverages.
Other segments also reported positive comps. Globally, comps rose 5.5 percent, while the European segment reported a 4.8 percent increase and the Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa segment reported a 6.1 percent increase.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth