Jamie Lynn Spears, a 20-year-old actress who left her TV show several years ago to be a single mom, performed at a Nashville nightclub several songs she wrote.
People.com said Monday night's show at The Rutledge marked the country singing debut of Spears, whose older sister is pop star Britney Spears.
While many of the singing siblings' close family members and friends, as well as their parents, attended the mini-concert, Britney was out of the country touring and couldn't make it, the celebrity news website said.
"I am so emotional tonight," the singers' mother, Lynne, told People.com after watching Jamie Lynn perform.
"We are so proud of her," added their father, Jamie.
Jamie Lynn, former star of TV's "Zoey 101" and mother of a 3-year-old daughter, expressed her appreciation for her family's support of her music via Twitter.
"Just wanna thank all my amazing friends and family for coming out tonight!!!" she said in her online message.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday