Jamie Lynn Spears, a 20-year-old actress who left her TV show several years ago to be a single mom, performed at a Nashville nightclub several songs she wrote.
People.com said Monday night's show at The Rutledge marked the country singing debut of Spears, whose older sister is pop star Britney Spears.
While many of the singing siblings' close family members and friends, as well as their parents, attended the mini-concert, Britney was out of the country touring and couldn't make it, the celebrity news website said.
"I am so emotional tonight," the singers' mother, Lynne, told People.com after watching Jamie Lynn perform.
"We are so proud of her," added their father, Jamie.
Jamie Lynn, former star of TV's "Zoey 101" and mother of a 3-year-old daughter, expressed her appreciation for her family's support of her music via Twitter.
"Just wanna thank all my amazing friends and family for coming out tonight!!!" she said in her online message.
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Republican Jolly Wins Fla. Special Election
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Copper Plunges on China Jitters
- Obama Seeks Overtime Pay for Salaried Workers
- U.S. Stocks Sink for 3rd Day in a Row
- Vestas Ramps Up Hiring to Build Wind Turbines
- Justin Bieber Comes Between Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez
- World Wide Web Turns 25
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress