Jamie Lynn Spears, a 20-year-old actress who left her TV show several years ago to be a single mom, performed at a Nashville nightclub several songs she wrote.
People.com said Monday night's show at The Rutledge marked the country singing debut of Spears, whose older sister is pop star Britney Spears.
While many of the singing siblings' close family members and friends, as well as their parents, attended the mini-concert, Britney was out of the country touring and couldn't make it, the celebrity news website said.
"I am so emotional tonight," the singers' mother, Lynne, told People.com after watching Jamie Lynn perform.
"We are so proud of her," added their father, Jamie.
Jamie Lynn, former star of TV's "Zoey 101" and mother of a 3-year-old daughter, expressed her appreciation for her family's support of her music via Twitter.
"Just wanna thank all my amazing friends and family for coming out tonight!!!" she said in her online message.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth