Jamie Lynn Spears, a 20-year-old actress who left her TV show several years ago to be a single mom, performed at a Nashville nightclub several songs she wrote.
People.com said Monday night's show at The Rutledge marked the country singing debut of Spears, whose older sister is pop star Britney Spears.
While many of the singing siblings' close family members and friends, as well as their parents, attended the mini-concert, Britney was out of the country touring and couldn't make it, the celebrity news website said.
"I am so emotional tonight," the singers' mother, Lynne, told People.com after watching Jamie Lynn perform.
"We are so proud of her," added their father, Jamie.
Jamie Lynn, former star of TV's "Zoey 101" and mother of a 3-year-old daughter, expressed her appreciation for her family's support of her music via Twitter.
"Just wanna thank all my amazing friends and family for coming out tonight!!!" she said in her online message.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill