Los Angeles police say they nabbed an alleged purse snatcher last week with the help of the "Find My Phone" application on the woman's iPhone.
The alleged victim's phone was in the purse and responding officers from Wilshire Division borrowed a citizen's computer to home in on the device.
After looking around the area, the officers spotted a man matching the thief's description and detained him. Just to make sure, the Los Angeles Times said, they dialed the number of the missing phone and heard it ring in the suspect's pocket.
Jason Topper, 34, Chatsworth was placed under arrest for suspicion of armed robbery. Bail for the parolee was set at a stiff $1 million; however, he was allowed to make a phone call.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply