Los Angeles police say they nabbed an alleged purse snatcher last week with the help of the "Find My Phone" application on the woman's iPhone.
The alleged victim's phone was in the purse and responding officers from Wilshire Division borrowed a citizen's computer to home in on the device.
After looking around the area, the officers spotted a man matching the thief's description and detained him. Just to make sure, the Los Angeles Times said, they dialed the number of the missing phone and heard it ring in the suspect's pocket.
Jason Topper, 34, Chatsworth was placed under arrest for suspicion of armed robbery. Bail for the parolee was set at a stiff $1 million; however, he was allowed to make a phone call.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim