Los Angeles police say they nabbed an alleged purse snatcher last week with the help of the "Find My Phone" application on the woman's iPhone.
The alleged victim's phone was in the purse and responding officers from Wilshire Division borrowed a citizen's computer to home in on the device.
After looking around the area, the officers spotted a man matching the thief's description and detained him. Just to make sure, the Los Angeles Times said, they dialed the number of the missing phone and heard it ring in the suspect's pocket.
Jason Topper, 34, Chatsworth was placed under arrest for suspicion of armed robbery. Bail for the parolee was set at a stiff $1 million; however, he was allowed to make a phone call.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant