The viral video and ear worm that fascinated America for much of the first half of 2011, "Friday," as sung by Rebecca Black, has now resurfaced as an advert for Kohl's Black Friday event.
The main claims to fame of the song "Friday" are the massive amounts of views the video received on YouTube, as well as its association with the admittedly hyperbolic phrase "worst song ever." Despite that notoriety, or perhaps because of it, Kohl's is airing the below commercial, in which actress Julie Mann sings a version of "Friday," yet with lyrics altered to hype Kohl's pending holiday sale.
At about 43,000 pageviews, this version of 'Friday' has quite a ways to go to match a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0" target="_blank">Rebecca Black's version, which has about 7.6 million views.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation