The viral video and ear worm that fascinated America for much of the first half of 2011, "Friday," as sung by Rebecca Black, has now resurfaced as an advert for Kohl's Black Friday event.
The main claims to fame of the song "Friday" are the massive amounts of views the video received on YouTube, as well as its association with the admittedly hyperbolic phrase "worst song ever." Despite that notoriety, or perhaps because of it, Kohl's is airing the below commercial, in which actress Julie Mann sings a version of "Friday," yet with lyrics altered to hype Kohl's pending holiday sale.
At about 43,000 pageviews, this version of 'Friday' has quite a ways to go to match a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0" target="_blank">Rebecca Black's version, which has about 7.6 million views.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women