The viral video and ear worm that fascinated America for much of the first half of 2011, "Friday," as sung by Rebecca Black, has now resurfaced as an advert for Kohl's Black Friday event.
The main claims to fame of the song "Friday" are the massive amounts of views the video received on YouTube, as well as its association with the admittedly hyperbolic phrase "worst song ever." Despite that notoriety, or perhaps because of it, Kohl's is airing the below commercial, in which actress Julie Mann sings a version of "Friday," yet with lyrics altered to hype Kohl's pending holiday sale.
At about 43,000 pageviews, this version of 'Friday' has quite a ways to go to match a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0" target="_blank">Rebecca Black's version, which has about 7.6 million views.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June