The viral video and ear worm that fascinated America for much of the first half of 2011, "Friday," as sung by Rebecca Black, has now resurfaced as an advert for Kohl's Black Friday event.
The main claims to fame of the song "Friday" are the massive amounts of views the video received on YouTube, as well as its association with the admittedly hyperbolic phrase "worst song ever." Despite that notoriety, or perhaps because of it, Kohl's is airing the below commercial, in which actress Julie Mann sings a version of "Friday," yet with lyrics altered to hype Kohl's pending holiday sale.
At about 43,000 pageviews, this version of 'Friday' has quite a ways to go to match a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0" target="_blank">Rebecca Black's version, which has about 7.6 million views.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer