The viral video and ear worm that fascinated America for much of the first half of 2011, "Friday," as sung by Rebecca Black, has now resurfaced as an advert for Kohl's Black Friday event.
The main claims to fame of the song "Friday" are the massive amounts of views the video received on YouTube, as well as its association with the admittedly hyperbolic phrase "worst song ever." Despite that notoriety, or perhaps because of it, Kohl's is airing the below commercial, in which actress Julie Mann sings a version of "Friday," yet with lyrics altered to hype Kohl's pending holiday sale.
At about 43,000 pageviews, this version of 'Friday' has quite a ways to go to match a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0" target="_blank">Rebecca Black's version, which has about 7.6 million views.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM