Hollywood glamour couple Demi Moore and Ashton
Kutcher are divorcing after six years of marriage, the actress
"It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton," Moore, 49, said in a statement. "As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."
Kutcher, 33, confirmed the split with a Twitter posting. "I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail. Love and Light, AK."
The couple married in 2004 following Moore's divorce from Bruce Willis. But their union floundered amid a scandal this September when a 22-year-old woman detailed for tabloid magazine Us Weekly her fling with Kutcher in Las Vegas that allegedly included naked hot-tubbing and unprotected sex.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)