The National Hispanic Leadership Institute has announced the honorees for the 2011 Mujer awards, to be given at its Executive Leadership Training Conference & Mujer Awards in Los Angeles from Nov. 3-4.
The event pays tribute to the sustained lifetime achievement of exceptional Hispanic women who have served their communities.
The 2011 National Awardee is Maria Contreras Sweet, founding chairman of Promerica Bank and the former secretary of business, transportation and housing for California.
The 2011 Regional Awardees are Gloria Molina, supervisor, Los Angeles County, and former California state assemblywoman and Los Angeles City Council member, and Lillian Roybal Rose, educator and consultant in the area of cross0-cultural communication.
The 2011 Legislative Awardee is Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard, D-Calif., representing the 34th Congressional District in the central Los Angeles area.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays