The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Central Pennsylvania (HCCCP) has hired Sarah Corella Wingert as its first executive director, according to a news release. The hire is effective as of Aug. 1.
"The board is confident in Ms. Wingert's expertise and leadership skills to grow the organization and advance the chamber's mission," said Paul Navarro, chamber president. "Sarah's high level of enthusiasm and proven commitment to the Hispanic community will translate to higher levels of service to our members."
Wingert holds a master's degree in public administration from Pennsylvania State University. She has been active in organizations such as the West Shore Chamber of Commerce, the South Central Workforce Investment Board and Diversity Networking Group of Harrisburg. She has experience in marketing/public relations and in broadcast media relations.
"There are tremendous opportunities for Hispanics in this region," said Wingert. "Hispanics are the largest growing sector of the state's population, increasing over 80 percent in the past decade according to the 2010 census."
"The Hispanic Chamber will continue to be a strong voice for the Hispanic business community and they can count on us to bring many new exciting programs to not only connect them to greater possibilities for their company, but also to the greater community around them," she continued.
With the hire of an executive director, members of the Chamber can expect to see more activity in the coming months, including training and seminars, networking opportunities and the expansion of services and discounts offered through the annual membership, according to the release.
The chamber was founded in 2007 and operates through the volunteer efforts of its board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women