The Wahlberg name and franchise just got jucier. Boston-bred actors Mark and Donnie Wahlberg, along with their brother Paul, have opened a new burger joint in Hingham, Mass., called Wahlburgers.
The restaurant's grand opening was held Monday, Oct. 24.
Paul also owns a restaurant called Alma Nove, named after the brothers' mother, Alma. It's also located in Hingham.
In opening Wahlburgers, the Wahlberg family wanted to create a family environment and brought their Dorchester upbringing to the forefront of the restaurant and included in the restaurant's mission statement:
"Growing up in Dorchester MA with 9 kids in a triple decker house, we didn't have much but we had each other, and that's what mattered most. in the toughest of times we always made the best times! and for us, no time was better than sitting at the table together, sharing good food, a few laughs and lots of love! at Wahlburgers we hope to share a little bit of times with you."
On his Twitter account, Donnie, 42, hinted that he was the author of this special statement.
Donnie, who is currently filming "Blue Bloods" season 2, also tweeted this pic of his family at the opening.
According to USMagazine.com, the menu will feature hamburgers, of course, with Paul's secret sauce, white bean and prosciutto soup, and Italian cold-cut sandwiches, among other items.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention