"The Goonies" is a classic movie that fans hope will never be remade, because it is perfect as is. Directed by Richard Donner and written by Steven Spielberg, "The Goonies" is every kids' dream adventure. A group of childhood friends go out and look for pirate treasure after the main character, Mikey (Sean Astin), and his friends find a map in his attic.
They run into booby traps and the Fratellis before finding the pirate ship with One-Eyed Willie and his treasures. The movie follows the kids on this great underground adventure of water slides and puzzles, mixed with great story-telling.
The movie also stars Josh Brolin, Jeff Cohen, Corey Feldman, Kerri Green, Martha Plimpton, Jonathan Ke Quan, Ke Huy Quan, John Matuszak, Robert Davi, Joe Pantoliano and Anne Ramsey as the Fratellis.
Most of the film was shot on location in Astoria, Ore., where the film was set. Also known as the "Goon-Docks."
The movie's budget was $19 million and it made $61,389,680 at the box office.
Check out this interview with some of the cast shot in and around 1985, when the film was released.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market