"The Goonies" is a classic movie that fans hope will never be remade, because it is perfect as is. Directed by Richard Donner and written by Steven Spielberg, "The Goonies" is every kids' dream adventure. A group of childhood friends go out and look for pirate treasure after the main character, Mikey (Sean Astin), and his friends find a map in his attic.
They run into booby traps and the Fratellis before finding the pirate ship with One-Eyed Willie and his treasures. The movie follows the kids on this great underground adventure of water slides and puzzles, mixed with great story-telling.
The movie also stars Josh Brolin, Jeff Cohen, Corey Feldman, Kerri Green, Martha Plimpton, Jonathan Ke Quan, Ke Huy Quan, John Matuszak, Robert Davi, Joe Pantoliano and Anne Ramsey as the Fratellis.
Most of the film was shot on location in Astoria, Ore., where the film was set. Also known as the "Goon-Docks."
The movie's budget was $19 million and it made $61,389,680 at the box office.
Check out this interview with some of the cast shot in and around 1985, when the film was released.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'