Democrats today tapped a Chicago businessman as the "chief diversity officer" for the Democratic convention and the national party.
Greg Hinton, chief diversity officer of Chicago-based US Cellular, will advise the convention and the party on diversity in staffing and procurement.
"The Democratic Party has long been dedicated to including talented people who reflect the diversity of our great country, and Greg will bring his talents to bear as we make sure we are living up to that commitment," party Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz said in a statement.
Hinton has worked on diversity issues for other companies including Abbott Labs and Pepsi General Bottlers.
"Our party is stronger because of our diversity," Hinton said. "And in this new role I will be working to make sure we are harnessing our diverse experiences and points of view in the most effective way possible."
Hinton starts next Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Ukraine Crisis Sets U.S. Stocks Adrift
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps