Hollywood actress Demi Moore has consulted a divorce lawyer amid allegations Ashton Kutcher, her husband of six years, recently cheated on her.
Media reports allege that Kutcher, 33, spent the sixth anniversary of his wedding to Moore, 48, intimately involved with 23-year-old Sara Leal, but the celebrity couple has not directly and publicly addressed the reports.
"Miss Moore has been totally humiliated. On Friday, therefore, she consulted a lawyer about getting a divorce.The discussion included her living arrangements and how a divorce would impact her assets. She is worth about $152âmillion and Kutcher is also worth close to that," Britain's Daily Mail newspaper quoted an unnamed entertainment industry insider as saying.
"This is a huge and very tough decision for Miss Moore to take. But her trust has been shattered. She desperately wanted to save their marriage. But the Sara Leal story was a hard one for Kutcher to deny because it was backed up by the seedy photos of him partying."
The Mail said Moore's publicist did not respond to its request for comment.
The couple's relationship has been under the microscope lately since both have been promoting high-profile projects. Kutcher recently replaced Charlie Sheen on the sitcom "Two and a Half Men" and Moore directed a short film for "Five," a TV anthology about women and breast cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women