Hollywood actress Demi Moore has consulted a divorce lawyer amid allegations Ashton Kutcher, her husband of six years, recently cheated on her.
Media reports allege that Kutcher, 33, spent the sixth anniversary of his wedding to Moore, 48, intimately involved with 23-year-old Sara Leal, but the celebrity couple has not directly and publicly addressed the reports.
"Miss Moore has been totally humiliated. On Friday, therefore, she consulted a lawyer about getting a divorce.The discussion included her living arrangements and how a divorce would impact her assets. She is worth about $152âmillion and Kutcher is also worth close to that," Britain's Daily Mail newspaper quoted an unnamed entertainment industry insider as saying.
"This is a huge and very tough decision for Miss Moore to take. But her trust has been shattered. She desperately wanted to save their marriage. But the Sara Leal story was a hard one for Kutcher to deny because it was backed up by the seedy photos of him partying."
The Mail said Moore's publicist did not respond to its request for comment.
The couple's relationship has been under the microscope lately since both have been promoting high-profile projects. Kutcher recently replaced Charlie Sheen on the sitcom "Two and a Half Men" and Moore directed a short film for "Five," a TV anthology about women and breast cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'