Hollywood actress Demi Moore has consulted a divorce lawyer amid allegations Ashton Kutcher, her husband of six years, recently cheated on her.
Media reports allege that Kutcher, 33, spent the sixth anniversary of his wedding to Moore, 48, intimately involved with 23-year-old Sara Leal, but the celebrity couple has not directly and publicly addressed the reports.
"Miss Moore has been totally humiliated. On Friday, therefore, she consulted a lawyer about getting a divorce.The discussion included her living arrangements and how a divorce would impact her assets. She is worth about $152âmillion and Kutcher is also worth close to that," Britain's Daily Mail newspaper quoted an unnamed entertainment industry insider as saying.
"This is a huge and very tough decision for Miss Moore to take. But her trust has been shattered. She desperately wanted to save their marriage. But the Sara Leal story was a hard one for Kutcher to deny because it was backed up by the seedy photos of him partying."
The Mail said Moore's publicist did not respond to its request for comment.
The couple's relationship has been under the microscope lately since both have been promoting high-profile projects. Kutcher recently replaced Charlie Sheen on the sitcom "Two and a Half Men" and Moore directed a short film for "Five," a TV anthology about women and breast cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11