Annette Bening, Hollywood veteran and co-star of 'The Kids are Alright,' has been nominated for a best actress Oscar for her portrayal of one-half of a lesbian couple.
The smart Oscar money is on Natalie Portman, who is on a roll, having won a Golden Globe for her work in 'Black Swan.'
But many nostalgic movie buffs will be rooting for Ms. Bening, who was nominated for an Oscar for her supporting role in 'American Beauty,' but who has never won acting's highest prize, despite a stellar, long-lasting acting career.
Ms. Bening has starred in such films as 'Being Julia,' 'The American President' and 'The Grifters.'
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Daily Trivia Byte
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love