There's a new sign in town, and its name is Ophiuchus.
Astrologists have updated zodiac signs and the 13th is associated with a real person, according to www.love-astrology.com.
"In the 27th Century BCE in Ancient Egypt lived a man known as Imhotep. Imhotep was known as 'Aesclepius' by the Ancient Greeks, however the attributes are the same under either name," reports the website.
According to Time Magazine, 31% of Americans believe in astrology.
"The constellation Ophiuchus represents a man wrestling a serpent, dividing the snake's body in two parts. It is the only sign of the zodiac linked to real men, sharing traits with Imhotep, a 27th century BCE Egyptian doctor, and biblical Joseph," reports Time. "Like Imhotep, Ophiuchus is considered a healer of men and a doctor of medicine or science. He seeks higher education and enlightenment. He is expected to achieve a high position in life."
Here are the New Dates, reported by the Chicago Tribune.
Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20
Coincidentally, there also is a roots rock music group called Ophiuchus.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Apple Said to Duck Billions in Taxes
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina