WASHINGTON, Sept. 14 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On September 13, 2010, Javier Palomarez, President and CEO of the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC), joined U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, House Committee on Small Business Chair and CHCI Chair Representative Nydia M. Velazquez, Vice Chair of the House Democratic Caucus Representative Xavier Becerra and Promerica Bank Founding Chairwoman, Maria Contreras-Sweet, as a panelist at the Opening Plenary Session of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute's (CHCI) 2010 Public Policy Conference titled "America's Future: Economic Prosperity."
During Monday's robust discussion, these leaders talked about the challenges that today's Hispanic entrepreneur faces, as well as the vital role that Hispanic Business Enterprises (HBEs) play in the economic recovery of our country.
Palomarez said "It was an honor to share the stage with national leaders and trailblazers this morning who are all committed to propelling our economy forward - whether by directing, legislating or working through the private sector and communities across our country." Palomarez added, "I look forward to continuing today's dialogue with Secretary Geithner when he joins us next week at our Annual Convention and Business Expo in Dallas, TX on September 23, 2010 for our special kick-off event 'Coffee with the Secretary.'"
The USHCC Annual Convention and Business Expo will run from September 22-25, 2010 in Dallas, TX and promises to be the largest gathering of Hispanic Businesses in America.
About the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC)
The USHCC represents the interests of nearly 3 million Hispanic-owned businesses in the United States that generate nearly $400 billion annually, and serves as the umbrella organization for more than 200 local Hispanic chambers in the United States and Puerto Rico. Founded in 1979, the USHCC is dedicated to developing and implementing a broad range of programs and initiatives to enhance the success of its three primary constituencies: small business enterprise, local chambers of commerce, and corporate partners. http://www.ushcc.com/ United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Web Site: http://www.ushcc.com/
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'