Entertainment tabloid TMZ is reporting that Lindsey Lohan's psychiatric problems may be rooted in misdiagnosis, which resulted in inappropriate drug prescriptions that led to erratic behavior.
Doctors at UCLA have been unable to confirm that the actress suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, for which she was taking Adderall. Experts say doses of the drug in the absence of the disorder can trigger some of the erratic behavior that some have attributed to Lohan's substance abuse issues.
Doctors were also unable to confirm the actress suffered from any addictions to controlled substances, reports TMZ.
Dina Lohan, Lindsay's mother, has maintained throughout that the actress is not addicted to either alcohol or other controlled substances.
The doctors findings may lead authorities to discharge Lohan from rehab as early as next week.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief