Entertainment tabloid TMZ is reporting that Lindsey Lohan's psychiatric problems may be rooted in misdiagnosis, which resulted in inappropriate drug prescriptions that led to erratic behavior.
Doctors at UCLA have been unable to confirm that the actress suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, for which she was taking Adderall. Experts say doses of the drug in the absence of the disorder can trigger some of the erratic behavior that some have attributed to Lohan's substance abuse issues.
Doctors were also unable to confirm the actress suffered from any addictions to controlled substances, reports TMZ.
Dina Lohan, Lindsay's mother, has maintained throughout that the actress is not addicted to either alcohol or other controlled substances.
The doctors findings may lead authorities to discharge Lohan from rehab as early as next week.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go