Entertainment tabloid TMZ is reporting that Lindsey Lohan's psychiatric problems may be rooted in misdiagnosis, which resulted in inappropriate drug prescriptions that led to erratic behavior.
Doctors at UCLA have been unable to confirm that the actress suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, for which she was taking Adderall. Experts say doses of the drug in the absence of the disorder can trigger some of the erratic behavior that some have attributed to Lohan's substance abuse issues.
Doctors were also unable to confirm the actress suffered from any addictions to controlled substances, reports TMZ.
Dina Lohan, Lindsay's mother, has maintained throughout that the actress is not addicted to either alcohol or other controlled substances.
The doctors findings may lead authorities to discharge Lohan from rehab as early as next week.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery