Entertainment tabloid TMZ is reporting that Lindsey Lohan's psychiatric problems may be rooted in misdiagnosis, which resulted in inappropriate drug prescriptions that led to erratic behavior.
Doctors at UCLA have been unable to confirm that the actress suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, for which she was taking Adderall. Experts say doses of the drug in the absence of the disorder can trigger some of the erratic behavior that some have attributed to Lohan's substance abuse issues.
Doctors were also unable to confirm the actress suffered from any addictions to controlled substances, reports TMZ.
Dina Lohan, Lindsay's mother, has maintained throughout that the actress is not addicted to either alcohol or other controlled substances.
The doctors findings may lead authorities to discharge Lohan from rehab as early as next week.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer