Entertainment tabloid TMZ is reporting that Lindsey Lohan's psychiatric problems may be rooted in misdiagnosis, which resulted in inappropriate drug prescriptions that led to erratic behavior.
Doctors at UCLA have been unable to confirm that the actress suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, for which she was taking Adderall. Experts say doses of the drug in the absence of the disorder can trigger some of the erratic behavior that some have attributed to Lohan's substance abuse issues.
Doctors were also unable to confirm the actress suffered from any addictions to controlled substances, reports TMZ.
Dina Lohan, Lindsay's mother, has maintained throughout that the actress is not addicted to either alcohol or other controlled substances.
The doctors findings may lead authorities to discharge Lohan from rehab as early as next week.
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June