Who says there's no room for quirkiness in the military?
A few U.S. troops form the all-male 82nd Airborne Division stationed in Afghanistan put together a sterling reenactment of "Telephone," a video by Lady Gaga and Beyonce.
(Click here to watch the video.)
The initial intention was to entertain friends and family, but the video went viral after being posted Thursday night. Already, the youtube video boasts some 323,000 views.
The skit's mastermind, Aaron Melcher, a married 24-year-old graduate of a Christian high school in North Carolina, seems a little overwhelmed by the attention. He declined an interview request from the SmokingGun, though he did say that it blew up way more than intended.
"Nobody in the video would like any further media coverage," he told the Web site.
But the jeanie's out of the bottle, and judging by the buzz on the Internet, it's a crowd pleaser.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant