Who says there's no room for quirkiness in the military?
A few U.S. troops form the all-male 82nd Airborne Division stationed in Afghanistan put together a sterling reenactment of "Telephone," a video by Lady Gaga and Beyonce.
(Click here to watch the video.)
The initial intention was to entertain friends and family, but the video went viral after being posted Thursday night. Already, the youtube video boasts some 323,000 views.
The skit's mastermind, Aaron Melcher, a married 24-year-old graduate of a Christian high school in North Carolina, seems a little overwhelmed by the attention. He declined an interview request from the SmokingGun, though he did say that it blew up way more than intended.
"Nobody in the video would like any further media coverage," he told the Web site.
But the jeanie's out of the bottle, and judging by the buzz on the Internet, it's a crowd pleaser.
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Cost of Health Care Slowing in U.S.
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Intel Working on Smartwatch; Mum on Possible Apple Link
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- Microsoft Says XBox Is No Big Brother
- Fed Will Keep Buying Bonds for Now; Markets Dip
- NHU, Canada College Partner on B.A. in Child Development