Adam Lambert has made VH1 "Unplugged" cool again.
Lambert's broken-down performances on VH1.com illustrate another side to the flamboyant performer.
Much like Lambert's stripped down "Tracks of My Tears," on the American Idol stage a year ago, on "Unplugged" Lambert shows off his incredible voice and ability to connect with an audience.
While Lambert is known for his outlandish, theatrical live performances, Lambert unplugged reveals his phenomenal talent as a singer.
Lambert has been busy touring overseas and is likely to launch a U.S. tour this summer. If 2009 was the year of Gaga, then 2010 looks like the year of Lambert. It looks like Lambert is listening to good advice and focusing on his strengths.
The show hasn't been this good since the days of Alanis Morissette and Fiona Apple in the late 1990s. Check out these performances from "Unplugged."
"Whataya Want From Me"
"Down the Rabbit Hole"
By the way, Lambert met Culture Club's Boy George in England this week and the two hit it off. Check out one of the original glam rockers, circa Mississippi, 1870.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids