Adam Lambert has made VH1 "Unplugged" cool again.
Lambert's broken-down performances on VH1.com illustrate another side to the flamboyant performer.
Much like Lambert's stripped down "Tracks of My Tears," on the American Idol stage a year ago, on "Unplugged" Lambert shows off his incredible voice and ability to connect with an audience.
While Lambert is known for his outlandish, theatrical live performances, Lambert unplugged reveals his phenomenal talent as a singer.
Lambert has been busy touring overseas and is likely to launch a U.S. tour this summer. If 2009 was the year of Gaga, then 2010 looks like the year of Lambert. It looks like Lambert is listening to good advice and focusing on his strengths.
The show hasn't been this good since the days of Alanis Morissette and Fiona Apple in the late 1990s. Check out these performances from "Unplugged."
"Whataya Want From Me"
"Down the Rabbit Hole"
By the way, Lambert met Culture Club's Boy George in England this week and the two hit it off. Check out one of the original glam rockers, circa Mississippi, 1870.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire