Movie star Corey Feldman, close friend of fellow 80s heartthrob Corey Haim, told Larry King Wednesday that despite what the media reports, it isn't yet certain that a drug overdose is what killed Haim this week.
"They need to stop saying, you know, their theories of what they think it is or isn't," Feldman told the CNN host. "Because at the end of the day, until the coroner's report comes out, until we have specific evidence, until we know exactly what the toxicology reports say, nobody knows."
(Click here to watch video.)
Haim had been caring for his ailing mother when he collapsed early Wednesday just after midnight.
Feldman acknowledged that Haim had battled drug addiction for many years.
"I know it better than anybody because I've been the guy stuffing charcoal down his throat when he was OD'ing," he said. "I've been the guy trying to make him stand up or say a complete sentence."
(Click here to read Roger Ebert's rave review of Haim's performance in "Lucas.")
Feldman went on to say that Haim has more recently been in a much more positive frame of mind.
"With his mom battling cancer, he's really showed up," he said.
Feldman said there were other possible causes of death based on symptoms Haim had been exhibiting.
"This could have been a kidney failure, this could have been a heart failure," he said. "This could have been a mixture of drugs -- it could have been a cocktail -- or it also could have been the fact that your body shuts down after years of abuse."
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos