Movie star Corey Feldman, close friend of fellow 80s heartthrob Corey Haim, told Larry King Wednesday that despite what the media reports, it isn't yet certain that a drug overdose is what killed Haim this week.
"They need to stop saying, you know, their theories of what they think it is or isn't," Feldman told the CNN host. "Because at the end of the day, until the coroner's report comes out, until we have specific evidence, until we know exactly what the toxicology reports say, nobody knows."
(Click here to watch video.)
Haim had been caring for his ailing mother when he collapsed early Wednesday just after midnight.
Feldman acknowledged that Haim had battled drug addiction for many years.
"I know it better than anybody because I've been the guy stuffing charcoal down his throat when he was OD'ing," he said. "I've been the guy trying to make him stand up or say a complete sentence."
(Click here to read Roger Ebert's rave review of Haim's performance in "Lucas.")
Feldman went on to say that Haim has more recently been in a much more positive frame of mind.
"With his mom battling cancer, he's really showed up," he said.
Feldman said there were other possible causes of death based on symptoms Haim had been exhibiting.
"This could have been a kidney failure, this could have been a heart failure," he said. "This could have been a mixture of drugs -- it could have been a cocktail -- or it also could have been the fact that your body shuts down after years of abuse."
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- Warren G. Harding's Spicy Love Letters to Be Released
- U.K. Girds for Nationwide Strike
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?