Two NFL Super Bowl rivals battled on the field, but it was the clash between David Letterman and Jay Leno who had NFL fans talking in the first quarter.
Letterman and Leno, the longtime dueling late night TV show hosts, appeared in a commercial seated on a couch watching the game. In the middle was peacemaker Oprah Winfrey.
Letterman and Leno have long feuded in public, ever since Leno got the contract to replace Johnny Carson on "The Tonight Show." Letterman moved to CBS and started his own TV show.
Recently, the two locked horns again after Leno bounced Conan O'Brien from "The Tonight Show." Leno had moved to primetime for his own show, but then, in a secret deal with NBC, agreed to move back to the 11:30 timeslot, forcing O'Brien off the show.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.