Two NFL Super Bowl rivals battled on the field, but it was the clash between David Letterman and Jay Leno who had NFL fans talking in the first quarter.
Letterman and Leno, the longtime dueling late night TV show hosts, appeared in a commercial seated on a couch watching the game. In the middle was peacemaker Oprah Winfrey.
Letterman and Leno have long feuded in public, ever since Leno got the contract to replace Johnny Carson on "The Tonight Show." Letterman moved to CBS and started his own TV show.
Recently, the two locked horns again after Leno bounced Conan O'Brien from "The Tonight Show." Leno had moved to primetime for his own show, but then, in a secret deal with NBC, agreed to move back to the 11:30 timeslot, forcing O'Brien off the show.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Dollar Tree Falls in Q2
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree