Two NFL Super Bowl rivals battled on the field, but it was the clash between David Letterman and Jay Leno who had NFL fans talking in the first quarter.
Letterman and Leno, the longtime dueling late night TV show hosts, appeared in a commercial seated on a couch watching the game. In the middle was peacemaker Oprah Winfrey.
Letterman and Leno have long feuded in public, ever since Leno got the contract to replace Johnny Carson on "The Tonight Show." Letterman moved to CBS and started his own TV show.
Recently, the two locked horns again after Leno bounced Conan O'Brien from "The Tonight Show." Leno had moved to primetime for his own show, but then, in a secret deal with NBC, agreed to move back to the 11:30 timeslot, forcing O'Brien off the show.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women