Two NFL Super Bowl rivals battled on the field, but it was the clash between David Letterman and Jay Leno who had NFL fans talking in the first quarter.
Letterman and Leno, the longtime dueling late night TV show hosts, appeared in a commercial seated on a couch watching the game. In the middle was peacemaker Oprah Winfrey.
Letterman and Leno have long feuded in public, ever since Leno got the contract to replace Johnny Carson on "The Tonight Show." Letterman moved to CBS and started his own TV show.
Recently, the two locked horns again after Leno bounced Conan O'Brien from "The Tonight Show." Leno had moved to primetime for his own show, but then, in a secret deal with NBC, agreed to move back to the 11:30 timeslot, forcing O'Brien off the show.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'