"Tron Legacy" with Jeff Bridges took the No. 1 U.S. box office spot this weekend with a bang, raking in $43.6 million.
The animated "Yogi Bear" was a distant second with more than $16.7 million.
All studio estimates of gross box office receipts are via Box Office Mojo.
"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" was third with $12.4 million; "The Fighter" fourth with $12.2 million; "The Tourist" fifth with $8.7 million; "Tangled" sixth with more than $8.67 million; "Black Swan" seventh with $8.3 million; "How Do You Know" eighth with $7.6 million; "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1" ninth with more than $4.84 million.
"Unstoppable" was 10th with $1.8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project