"Tron Legacy" with Jeff Bridges took the No. 1 U.S. box office spot this weekend with a bang, raking in $43.6 million.
The animated "Yogi Bear" was a distant second with more than $16.7 million.
All studio estimates of gross box office receipts are via Box Office Mojo.
"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" was third with $12.4 million; "The Fighter" fourth with $12.2 million; "The Tourist" fifth with $8.7 million; "Tangled" sixth with more than $8.67 million; "Black Swan" seventh with $8.3 million; "How Do You Know" eighth with $7.6 million; "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1" ninth with more than $4.84 million.
"Unstoppable" was 10th with $1.8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry