"Tron Legacy" with Jeff Bridges took the No. 1 U.S. box office spot this weekend with a bang, raking in $43.6 million.
The animated "Yogi Bear" was a distant second with more than $16.7 million.
All studio estimates of gross box office receipts are via Box Office Mojo.
"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" was third with $12.4 million; "The Fighter" fourth with $12.2 million; "The Tourist" fifth with $8.7 million; "Tangled" sixth with more than $8.67 million; "Black Swan" seventh with $8.3 million; "How Do You Know" eighth with $7.6 million; "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1" ninth with more than $4.84 million.
"Unstoppable" was 10th with $1.8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays