Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is one of five high-ranking Detroit area politicians being indicted as part of that city's largest sting operation against political corruption.
Also indicted were Bobby Ferguson, a city contractor; Derrick Miller, a top aide of Mr. Kilpatrick; Victor Mercado, chief of the city's Water Department; and Bernard Kilpatrick, Kwame's father.
The U.S. attorney who announced the indictment did not specify the charges. No comments were forthcoming from those who were indicted or their attorneys.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges