Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is one of five high-ranking Detroit area politicians being indicted as part of that city's largest sting operation against political corruption.
Also indicted were Bobby Ferguson, a city contractor; Derrick Miller, a top aide of Mr. Kilpatrick; Victor Mercado, chief of the city's Water Department; and Bernard Kilpatrick, Kwame's father.
The U.S. attorney who announced the indictment did not specify the charges. No comments were forthcoming from those who were indicted or their attorneys.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release