Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is one of five high-ranking Detroit area politicians being indicted as part of that city's largest sting operation against political corruption.
Also indicted were Bobby Ferguson, a city contractor; Derrick Miller, a top aide of Mr. Kilpatrick; Victor Mercado, chief of the city's Water Department; and Bernard Kilpatrick, Kwame's father.
The U.S. attorney who announced the indictment did not specify the charges. No comments were forthcoming from those who were indicted or their attorneys.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel