Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is one of five high-ranking Detroit area politicians being indicted as part of that city's largest sting operation against political corruption.
Also indicted were Bobby Ferguson, a city contractor; Derrick Miller, a top aide of Mr. Kilpatrick; Victor Mercado, chief of the city's Water Department; and Bernard Kilpatrick, Kwame's father.
The U.S. attorney who announced the indictment did not specify the charges. No comments were forthcoming from those who were indicted or their attorneys.
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Intel Working on Smartwatch; Mum on Possible Apple Link
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- Amazon Doesn't Need Tax Breaks but Gets Offered Millions
- Banks Don't Follow Rules in Mortgage Settlement
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Fed Will Keep Buying Bonds for Now; Markets Dip