Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is one of five high-ranking Detroit area politicians being indicted as part of that city's largest sting operation against political corruption.
Also indicted were Bobby Ferguson, a city contractor; Derrick Miller, a top aide of Mr. Kilpatrick; Victor Mercado, chief of the city's Water Department; and Bernard Kilpatrick, Kwame's father.
The U.S. attorney who announced the indictment did not specify the charges. No comments were forthcoming from those who were indicted or their attorneys.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation