The new Rockmelt Web browser, developed by the company of the same name, is backed by Marc Adreessen, the multi-millionaire software engineer who developed Mosaic, the first widely used Web browser.
Rockmelt is different from other browser in that it integrates social media, allowing users to log on to the Internet through their Facebook or Twitter IDs. It integrates Web browsing in the context of each users interests and connections through social media.
Users can stay connected to their social connections while browsing the Web, and notifications let them know when info of intereste becomes available, or when friends are online.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November