The new Rockmelt Web browser, developed by the company of the same name, is backed by Marc Adreessen, the multi-millionaire software engineer who developed Mosaic, the first widely used Web browser.
Rockmelt is different from other browser in that it integrates social media, allowing users to log on to the Internet through their Facebook or Twitter IDs. It integrates Web browsing in the context of each users interests and connections through social media.
Users can stay connected to their social connections while browsing the Web, and notifications let them know when info of intereste becomes available, or when friends are online.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Lawful Immigrants Defend Driver's Licenses
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas