The new Rockmelt Web browser, developed by the company of the same name, is backed by Marc Adreessen, the multi-millionaire software engineer who developed Mosaic, the first widely used Web browser.
Rockmelt is different from other browser in that it integrates social media, allowing users to log on to the Internet through their Facebook or Twitter IDs. It integrates Web browsing in the context of each users interests and connections through social media.
Users can stay connected to their social connections while browsing the Web, and notifications let them know when info of intereste becomes available, or when friends are online.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Home Lending Offices Not Seeing Effects of Pickup
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth