The new Rockmelt Web browser, developed by the company of the same name, is backed by Marc Adreessen, the multi-millionaire software engineer who developed Mosaic, the first widely used Web browser.
Rockmelt is different from other browser in that it integrates social media, allowing users to log on to the Internet through their Facebook or Twitter IDs. It integrates Web browsing in the context of each users interests and connections through social media.
Users can stay connected to their social connections while browsing the Web, and notifications let them know when info of intereste becomes available, or when friends are online.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype