The new Rockmelt Web browser, developed by the company of the same name, is backed by Marc Adreessen, the multi-millionaire software engineer who developed Mosaic, the first widely used Web browser.
Rockmelt is different from other browser in that it integrates social media, allowing users to log on to the Internet through their Facebook or Twitter IDs. It integrates Web browsing in the context of each users interests and connections through social media.
Users can stay connected to their social connections while browsing the Web, and notifications let them know when info of intereste becomes available, or when friends are online.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare