Randy and Evi Quaid skipped out on their court date Tuesday in Santa Barbara, forfeiting $1 million in bail, according to published reports. Superior Court Judge Donna Geck issued arrest warrants for the couple who remain in Vancouver, Canada.
The Quaids have been accused of squatting in and trashing a Montecito home they use to own and have missed several court dates on those charges. They fled to Canada to get away from whom they have called "Hollywood star whackers," KEYT-TV reported.
Quaid will have an admissibility hear Nov. 23 before Canadian immigration authorities on a request for asylum in Canada, the Vancouver Sun reported. The couple can remain in Canada because Evi Quaid's father is a Canadian citizen.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs