Randy and Evi Quaid skipped out on their court date Tuesday in Santa Barbara, forfeiting $1 million in bail, according to published reports. Superior Court Judge Donna Geck issued arrest warrants for the couple who remain in Vancouver, Canada.
The Quaids have been accused of squatting in and trashing a Montecito home they use to own and have missed several court dates on those charges. They fled to Canada to get away from whom they have called "Hollywood star whackers," KEYT-TV reported.
Quaid will have an admissibility hear Nov. 23 before Canadian immigration authorities on a request for asylum in Canada, the Vancouver Sun reported. The couple can remain in Canada because Evi Quaid's father is a Canadian citizen.
Most Popular Stories
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- House Votes to Make Bonus Depreciation Permanent
- Wells Fargo Profit Up, Revenue Down
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare