Randy and Evi Quaid skipped out on their court date Tuesday in Santa Barbara, forfeiting $1 million in bail, according to published reports. Superior Court Judge Donna Geck issued arrest warrants for the couple who remain in Vancouver, Canada.
The Quaids have been accused of squatting in and trashing a Montecito home they use to own and have missed several court dates on those charges. They fled to Canada to get away from whom they have called "Hollywood star whackers," KEYT-TV reported.
Quaid will have an admissibility hear Nov. 23 before Canadian immigration authorities on a request for asylum in Canada, the Vancouver Sun reported. The couple can remain in Canada because Evi Quaid's father is a Canadian citizen.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed