Randy and Evi Quaid skipped out on their court date Tuesday in Santa Barbara, forfeiting $1 million in bail, according to published reports. Superior Court Judge Donna Geck issued arrest warrants for the couple who remain in Vancouver, Canada.
The Quaids have been accused of squatting in and trashing a Montecito home they use to own and have missed several court dates on those charges. They fled to Canada to get away from whom they have called "Hollywood star whackers," KEYT-TV reported.
Quaid will have an admissibility hear Nov. 23 before Canadian immigration authorities on a request for asylum in Canada, the Vancouver Sun reported. The couple can remain in Canada because Evi Quaid's father is a Canadian citizen.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign