The Anna Nicole Smith case came to a dramatic conclusion today when the jury returned a verdict of "not guilty" on Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, but convicted the two other defendents in the case of conspiracy.
The other defendents are Dr. Kristine Eroshevich, Ms. Smith's psychiatrist, and Howard K. Stern, her boyfriend.
The three faced charges related to Ms. Smith's excessive use of pharmaceuticals, which experts say contributed to her death in 2007 in Florida from drug overdose.
Prosecutors contend that the three worked together to make sure the actress got all the drugs she wanted, even when it was clear that she was in danger of becoming seriously ill or dying.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women