The Violight Razor Sanitizer is a carrying case for your razor with a little something extra.
Anyone that shaves on the go knows how easy it is to expose your razor to tons of differing surfaces, all with differing levels of germs and bacteria. Think about it: over the course of a week, you might shave in your home, a hotel, the gym, a friend's house, an airplane, and even your car.
Lots of potential for cross contamination. This could mean creating skin problems -- bumps and the like -- by shaving; it could mean something more serious if you actually give yourself a nick or two.
The Violight Razor Sanitizer aims to solve all that with an ultaviolet technology the company claims will kill up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria on your razor. An ultraviolet bulb is situated at one end of the case. A razor is held ably in place with the help of a spring-powered base, so that the blades will be in the optimal position to get the ultraviolet treatment. Closing the case activates a soft slow from the bulb; it bathes the blade for several minutes to banish bad stuff like e. coli.
It's easy to forget that technological advancements to help our lives doesn't have to be "information technology." The carrying case makes shaving on the go much more convenient than leaving it loose in your toiletries bag . . . and much safer as well.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Broadband Policies Could Mean 11,000 Jobs
- William Morris Endeavor Eats up IMG
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages
- Apple: Disney Animation iPad App Best of 2013