WASHINGTON, Aug. 6 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- "Judge Sotomayor's confirmation today by the U.S. Senate to be our nation's next Supreme Court Justice is a moment of great pride for all Americans. As a Latina and a mother, I can say to my daughter that all dreams are possible," said Dr. Jane L. Delgado, President and CEO of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health, the nation's leading Hispanic health advocacy group.
Dr. Delgado said of Judge Sotomayor, "She is a brilliant woman whose experience will serve the nation well in the years ahead. Today's vote will reverberate throughout history as a watershed moment for justice and the promise of the American dream."
About the National Alliance for Hispanic Health?
The National Alliance for Hispanic Health is the nation's foremost source of information and trusted advocate for the health of Hispanics in the United States. The Alliance represents thousands of Hispanic health providers across the nation providing services to more than 15 million each year, making a daily difference in the lives of Hispanic communities and families. For more information, call the Alliance's Su Familia National Hispanic Family Health Helpline at 1-866-783-2645 or visit http://www.hispanichealth.org/ National Alliance for Hispanic Health
Web Site: http://www.hispanichealth.org/
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women