The federal Small Business Administration is trying to expand its audience by launching a free video channel on YouTube.
The SBA YouTube channel debuted recently with a 60-second introduction to SBA, its programs and services, and a 10-part "Delivering Success" series co-produced with the U.S. Postal Service.
Future topics will cover how small businesses can take advantage of the Recovery Act loan programs and government contracting opportunities. Other videos will highlight exporting to increase market share, counseling on how to start and grow a small business and small business success stories.
"With millions of visitors, most of them under 35, YouTube offers a prime opportunity to use current technology and the appeal of a popular online platform to further promote the agency's programs and services," said SBA Administrator Karen G. Mills. "By expanding its outreach, SBA will be providing more current and potential entrepreneurs with the necessary tools to start, grow and succeed in their businesses."
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya