The federal Small Business Administration is trying to expand its audience by launching a free video channel on YouTube.
The SBA YouTube channel debuted recently with a 60-second introduction to SBA, its programs and services, and a 10-part "Delivering Success" series co-produced with the U.S. Postal Service.
Future topics will cover how small businesses can take advantage of the Recovery Act loan programs and government contracting opportunities. Other videos will highlight exporting to increase market share, counseling on how to start and grow a small business and small business success stories.
"With millions of visitors, most of them under 35, YouTube offers a prime opportunity to use current technology and the appeal of a popular online platform to further promote the agency's programs and services," said SBA Administrator Karen G. Mills. "By expanding its outreach, SBA will be providing more current and potential entrepreneurs with the necessary tools to start, grow and succeed in their businesses."
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant