Hispanic celebrities Maria Conchita Alonso, Julio Iglesias Jr. and Erika Ender will take on the roles of judges this Sunday, June 28, in the pop music competition "Batalla de las Americas" (Battle of the Americas). The 13-episode reality TV show, which premieres Sunday, pits 21 contestants from Latin America in a competition to select the fourth member of pop-rock music group XM2.
Alonso, Iglesias and Ender will put their experience as singers and songwriters and their best judgment to use to crown the new member of the XM2 group, which includes three former members of the legendary boy band Menudo.
Each episode will feature renowned Latin artists performing live from Puerto Rico and Miami.
While the winner will be the new XM2 member, finalists will be able to secure recording contracts and will join an international concert tour.
Alonso recently played the role of Alejandra Alpert in the Lifetime Television miniseries "Maneater." Iglesias is currently appearing in the ABC reality sports competition, "The Superstars." And pop music singer Ender recently released the album "Cueste lo que Cueste."
"Batalla de las Americas" can be seen in Hispanic markets throughout the U.S. on Mega TV and DirecTV, in addition to 20 Latin American regions including Mexico, Central and South America, and the Caribbean.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply