It looks like King James' court will be graced by the Big Aristotle.
According to ESPN, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns have agreed on a multi-player trade that would send 15-time All-Star Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland in exchange for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a second-round draft pick, and some cash.
The move provides some much-needed shoring up in the middle for Cleveland. While O'Neal's offense will certainly be welcome (17.8 points per game last season), it's his intimidation on defense that Cleveland craves even more. Despite the team's best-ever regular season record earning it home court advantage throughout the playoffs, the Cavs lost in the Eastern Conference Finals to the underdog Orlando Magic. While for most of the series League MVP Lebron James lived up to his lofty expectations, the team didn't have a real answer to Dwight Howard.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers