It looks like King James' court will be graced by the Big Aristotle.
According to ESPN, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns have agreed on a multi-player trade that would send 15-time All-Star Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland in exchange for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a second-round draft pick, and some cash.
The move provides some much-needed shoring up in the middle for Cleveland. While O'Neal's offense will certainly be welcome (17.8 points per game last season), it's his intimidation on defense that Cleveland craves even more. Despite the team's best-ever regular season record earning it home court advantage throughout the playoffs, the Cavs lost in the Eastern Conference Finals to the underdog Orlando Magic. While for most of the series League MVP Lebron James lived up to his lofty expectations, the team didn't have a real answer to Dwight Howard.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid