It looks like King James' court will be graced by the Big Aristotle.
According to ESPN, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns have agreed on a multi-player trade that would send 15-time All-Star Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland in exchange for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a second-round draft pick, and some cash.
The move provides some much-needed shoring up in the middle for Cleveland. While O'Neal's offense will certainly be welcome (17.8 points per game last season), it's his intimidation on defense that Cleveland craves even more. Despite the team's best-ever regular season record earning it home court advantage throughout the playoffs, the Cavs lost in the Eastern Conference Finals to the underdog Orlando Magic. While for most of the series League MVP Lebron James lived up to his lofty expectations, the team didn't have a real answer to Dwight Howard.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings