Michael Jackson, the king of pop, and the best-selling musical artist of all time, has died after being rushed to the hospital.
Jackson, who soared to immense popularity in the 1980s, has seen his star fall in recent years, but has remained an international figure and cultural icon.
Reports state that Jackson was not breathing when paramedics arrived. Crews performed CPR. According to CNN television reports, the ambulance was able to get Jackson to UCLA Medical Center in approximately 10 minutes. According to the L.A. Times, Jackson was in a deep coma on arrival and was later pronounced dead by doctors.
Jackson is survived by his three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson, and Prince Michael Jackson II, who is commonly known as "Blanket."
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Boeing to Build Stretch-Dreamliners