Michael Jackson, the king of pop, and the best-selling musical artist of all time, has died after being rushed to the hospital.
Jackson, who soared to immense popularity in the 1980s, has seen his star fall in recent years, but has remained an international figure and cultural icon.
Reports state that Jackson was not breathing when paramedics arrived. Crews performed CPR. According to CNN television reports, the ambulance was able to get Jackson to UCLA Medical Center in approximately 10 minutes. According to the L.A. Times, Jackson was in a deep coma on arrival and was later pronounced dead by doctors.
Jackson is survived by his three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson, and Prince Michael Jackson II, who is commonly known as "Blanket."
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid