Michael Jackson, the king of pop, and the best-selling musical artist of all time, has died after being rushed to the hospital.
Jackson, who soared to immense popularity in the 1980s, has seen his star fall in recent years, but has remained an international figure and cultural icon.
Reports state that Jackson was not breathing when paramedics arrived. Crews performed CPR. According to CNN television reports, the ambulance was able to get Jackson to UCLA Medical Center in approximately 10 minutes. According to the L.A. Times, Jackson was in a deep coma on arrival and was later pronounced dead by doctors.
Jackson is survived by his three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson, and Prince Michael Jackson II, who is commonly known as "Blanket."
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project