Michael Jackson, the king of pop, and the best-selling musical artist of all time, has died after being rushed to the hospital.
Jackson, who soared to immense popularity in the 1980s, has seen his star fall in recent years, but has remained an international figure and cultural icon.
Reports state that Jackson was not breathing when paramedics arrived. Crews performed CPR. According to CNN television reports, the ambulance was able to get Jackson to UCLA Medical Center in approximately 10 minutes. According to the L.A. Times, Jackson was in a deep coma on arrival and was later pronounced dead by doctors.
Jackson is survived by his three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson, and Prince Michael Jackson II, who is commonly known as "Blanket."
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing