Amid a recession and unsteady markets, HispanicBusiness' Top 10 Energy Companies have found ways to cope and thrive.
For the first time in the 27-year history of the HispanicBusiness 500 list of top Hispanic-owned companies, HispanicBusiness Magazine is highlighting a new sector: energy.
Like most other business sectors, energy as a whole has been hard-hit over the past year.
For the fourth quarter of 2008, the 12 major energy companies in the U.S. reported net income of $5.8 billion on revenues of $236.1 billion, according to statistics from the U.S. government's Energy Information Administration. This is a 78 percent decrease from the fourth quarter of 2007.
To read the rest of the story, access the complete June issue, and access to all digital archives, click here
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department