Amid a recession and unsteady markets, HispanicBusiness' Top 10 Energy Companies have found ways to cope and thrive.
For the first time in the 27-year history of the HispanicBusiness 500 list of top Hispanic-owned companies, HispanicBusiness Magazine is highlighting a new sector: energy.
Like most other business sectors, energy as a whole has been hard-hit over the past year.
For the fourth quarter of 2008, the 12 major energy companies in the U.S. reported net income of $5.8 billion on revenues of $236.1 billion, according to statistics from the U.S. government's Energy Information Administration. This is a 78 percent decrease from the fourth quarter of 2007.
To read the rest of the story, access the complete June issue, and access to all digital archives, click here
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women