Amid a recession and unsteady markets, HispanicBusiness' Top 10 Energy Companies have found ways to cope and thrive.
For the first time in the 27-year history of the HispanicBusiness 500 list of top Hispanic-owned companies, HispanicBusiness Magazine is highlighting a new sector: energy.
Like most other business sectors, energy as a whole has been hard-hit over the past year.
For the fourth quarter of 2008, the 12 major energy companies in the U.S. reported net income of $5.8 billion on revenues of $236.1 billion, according to statistics from the U.S. government's Energy Information Administration. This is a 78 percent decrease from the fourth quarter of 2007.
To read the rest of the story, access the complete June issue, and access to all digital archives, click here
Most Popular Stories
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign
- Deficit Shrinks, Hiring Grows as Economy Improves
- Budget Deal Raises Deficit $41 Billion: CBO