Amid a recession and unsteady markets, HispanicBusiness' Top 10 Energy Companies have found ways to cope and thrive.
For the first time in the 27-year history of the HispanicBusiness 500 list of top Hispanic-owned companies, HispanicBusiness Magazine is highlighting a new sector: energy.
Like most other business sectors, energy as a whole has been hard-hit over the past year.
For the fourth quarter of 2008, the 12 major energy companies in the U.S. reported net income of $5.8 billion on revenues of $236.1 billion, according to statistics from the U.S. government's Energy Information Administration. This is a 78 percent decrease from the fourth quarter of 2007.
To read the rest of the story, access the complete June issue, and access to all digital archives, click here
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property