Amid a recession and unsteady markets, HispanicBusiness' Top 10 Energy Companies have found ways to cope and thrive.
For the first time in the 27-year history of the HispanicBusiness 500 list of top Hispanic-owned companies, HispanicBusiness Magazine is highlighting a new sector: energy.
Like most other business sectors, energy as a whole has been hard-hit over the past year.
For the fourth quarter of 2008, the 12 major energy companies in the U.S. reported net income of $5.8 billion on revenues of $236.1 billion, according to statistics from the U.S. government's Energy Information Administration. This is a 78 percent decrease from the fourth quarter of 2007.
To read the rest of the story, access the complete June issue, and access to all digital archives, click here
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say