WASHINGTON, March 3 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following statement was released today by Dr. Jane L. Delgado, President and CEO of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health, the nation's leading Hispanic health advocacy group.
"We congratulate Governor Sebelius on her nomination as our nation's next Secretary of Health and Human Services and Nancy-Ann DeParle on her appointment as Director of the White House Office of Health Reform.
"The nation will be well served at this critical time in our history by Governor Sebelius' and Nancy-Ann DeParle's commitment to achieving health care for all. President Obama and Congress took an important step forward last month by delivering health coverage to 4.1 million uninsured children. At a time when so many are having economic difficulties, including the one in three Hispanics that are uninsured, it is more important than ever that we provide relief to families worried about the basics of their household budget.
"For our national well-being now and in the future, we look forward to working together with the President's health team to deliver on the promise of quality health care for all in this country."
NOTE: Dr. Delgado is one of the health leaders invited by President Obama to the White House Health Summit to be held Thursday, March 5, 2009.
About the National Alliance for Hispanic Health
The National Alliance for Hispanic Health is the nation's foremost source of information and trusted advocate for the health of Hispanics in the United States. The Alliance represents thousands of Hispanic health providers across the nation providing services to more than 15 million each year, making a daily difference in the lives of Hispanic communities and families. For more information, visit http://www.hispanichealth.org/ or call the Alliance's Su Familia National Hispanic Family Health Helpline at 1-866-783-2645. National Alliance for Hispanic Health
Web Site: http://www.hispanichealth.org/
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women