After nearly 75 years in the vault, The Three Stooges will return to the big screen possibly as early as 2010. Moe, Curly, and Larry are reportedly to be played by Benicio del Toro, Sean Penn, and funnyman Jim Carrey, respectively, although del Toro's position is rumored to be not entirely locked in. Peter and Bobby Farrelly, who wrote the $124 million grossing blockbuster The Heartbreak Kid, have already written the scripts, which begins showing the three brothers as youngsters growing up in an orphanage.
Although originally owned by Columbia studios, the right to the silly, slapstick trio has been passed through many hands but is now controlled by MGM.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8