After nearly 75 years in the vault, The Three Stooges will return to the big screen possibly as early as 2010. Moe, Curly, and Larry are reportedly to be played by Benicio del Toro, Sean Penn, and funnyman Jim Carrey, respectively, although del Toro's position is rumored to be not entirely locked in. Peter and Bobby Farrelly, who wrote the $124 million grossing blockbuster The Heartbreak Kid, have already written the scripts, which begins showing the three brothers as youngsters growing up in an orphanage.
Although originally owned by Columbia studios, the right to the silly, slapstick trio has been passed through many hands but is now controlled by MGM.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable