Latino Title --> Eighteen-year-old Mexican boxing sensation Saul "Canelo" Alvarez took the World Boxing Organization Latino title Saturday, felling the former champion, 30-year-old Euri "Million" Gonzalez, in 11 rounds during a match that was televised on HBO Plus.
Alvarez's victory before 5,000 fans at the Auditorio Benito Juarez in Zapopan, Mexico means the welterweight from Juanacatlan is now 25-0-1, and his defeated opponent from the Dominican Republic falls to 17-1-1, according to SaddoBoxing.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction