Eighteen-year-old Mexican boxing sensation Saul "Canelo" Alvarez took the World Boxing Organization Latino title Saturday, felling the former champion, 30-year-old Euri "Million" Gonzalez, in 11 rounds during a match that was televised on HBO Plus.
Alvarez's victory before 5,000 fans at the Auditorio Benito Juarez in Zapopan, Mexico means the welterweight from Juanacatlan is now 25-0-1, and his defeated opponent from the Dominican Republic falls to 17-1-1, according to SaddoBoxing.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party