Eighteen-year-old Mexican boxing sensation Saul "Canelo" Alvarez took the World Boxing Organization Latino title Saturday, felling the former champion, 30-year-old Euri "Million" Gonzalez, in 11 rounds during a match that was televised on HBO Plus.
Alvarez's victory before 5,000 fans at the Auditorio Benito Juarez in Zapopan, Mexico means the welterweight from Juanacatlan is now 25-0-1, and his defeated opponent from the Dominican Republic falls to 17-1-1, according to SaddoBoxing.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go