NALEO Applauds Obama's Appointment of Carrion to Urban Affairs Top Spot --> President Barack Obama has named Bronx Borough President Adolfo Carrion as the White House Director of Urban Affairs. In a press statement, The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) congratulated the Obama Administration "for recognizing that the pool of talent among Latino elected officials runs deep."
The NALEO further said "Carrion is one of the many talented Latinos who are committed to help America address its toughest challenges, and his appointment will greatly enrich the Obama Administration."
Carrion has served two terms as President of the Bronx Borough and in those two terms has overseen the construction of 40,000 housing units and 50 additional schools, according to the Associated Press.
NALEO reports that as director of Urban Affairs, Carrion will affect the 83.5% of the Latino population whom live in urban areas.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women