The Hispanic Business 500 has served as a barometer of the U.S. Hispanic economy for more than 25 years. We believe that applying our criteria on a statewide level can yield interesting results for our readers. Here, we take a closer look at the HB 500 companies in Illinois.
The Top 20 Illinois companies in the 2009 Hispanic Business 500 Ranking produced revenues of $844.20 million and employed 4,493 people in 2008.
Group O Inc. once again tops the list in Illinois, with 2008 revenues of $449.91 million. The company had an impressive 43.27% revenue increase from 2007. Half of the 20 companies from Illinois saw an increase in revenues from 2007-2008. These twenty companies are for the most part well established, with only one, Cardenas Marketing Network, having been formed this decade.
Illinois Top 20
Overall Rank / Company Name / 2008 Revenue
15. Group O Inc.; $449.91 million
48. Gusto Packing Co.; $137.61 million
181. Cardenas Marketing Network; $29.72 million
236. United Building Maintenance Inc.; $22.35 million
241. Steve's Equipment Service; $21.70 million
252. American Demolition Corp.; $20.30 million
257. A.L.L. Masonry Construction Co. Inc.; $19.62 million
293. 7Search.com; $16.43 million
303. Primera Engineers Ltd.; $15.06 million
304. Cano Container Corp.; $15.00 million
347. Time Definite Services Inc.; $12.50 million
367. Ebco Inc.; $11.00 million
374. Sanchez Daniels & Hoffman LLP; $10.85 million
377. CartonCraft Inc.; $10.59 million
393. Cristina Foods Inc.; $10.00 million
397. Suarez Electric Co.; $9.91 million
398. Emergency 24 Inc.; $9.87 million
411. Excel Railcar Corp. & Cos.; $9.09 million
454. Monterrey Security Consultants Inc.; $7.20 million
480. Romero Steel Co. Inc.; $5.50 million
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party