The Hispanic Business 500 has served as a barometer of the U.S. Hispanic economy for more than 25 years. We believe that applying our criteria on a statewide level can yield interesting results for our readers. Here, we take a closer look at the HB 500 companies in Virginia.
The Top 15 Virginia companies in the 2009 Hispanic Business 500 Ranking produced revenues of $954.52 million and employed 6,309 people in 2008. Both figures are up quite a bit from the $856.44 million in revenues and 5,815 people employed in 2007.
The Centech Group moves to the top of the list in Virginia, with 2008 revenues of $163.00 million. An impressive thirteen of the fifteen companies saw an increase in revenues from 2007-2008. MicroTech LLC led this group with a 205.47% increase in revenue, from $12.80 million in 2007 to $39.10 million in 2008.
Virginia Top 15
Overall Rank / Company Name / 2008 Revenue
37. / The Centech Group, Inc. / $163.00 million
38. / MVM Inc./ $161.32 million
54. / Dynaric Inc./ $124.00 million
75. / Tesoro Corp./ $82.44 million
85. / Tessada & Associates Inc. / $69.91 million
88. / Geologics Corp./ $67.00 million
114. / Knowledge Information Solutions Inc. $47.50 million
131. / Computing Technologies Inc. / $41.10 million
140. / Priority One Services Inc. / $39.60 million
141. / MicroTech LLC / $39.10 million
156. / SCI Consulting Services Inc. / $34.34 million
199. / Engineering Services Network Inc. / $26.40 million
221. / Kemron Environmental Services Inc. $24.40 million
270. / Citizant/ $18.70 million
296. / Prime Choice Foods Inc. / $15.70 million
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters