Everyone loves them when they work and curses them when they fail. The pleasure of feeling a warm, crisp sheet of paper coming out in a timely manner is quickly forgotten when one must change the toner. Lexmark makes all sorts of printers for a variety of needs. Here at Tech Vault, we recently tested out the Interpret (S405) model. While we doubt this would be a boon for larger offices with intense and voluminous printing needs, for us — and indeed, for most small business and any home-based entrepreneur — this could be the Holy Grail.
Th ink about all the things that frustrate the self-dependent small-to-medium-sized business owner or employee. Doesn't do enough? Well, the S405 does — faxing, copying, scanning, ad printing. The very definition of all-in-one. Too many cords? The Interpret S405 has wireless functionality. The alternate is an easy USB plug-in.
Too much money spent on ink? The Interpret S405 uses individual ink cartridges, so you only change the color that runs out rather than an oversized, all-color cartridge. That'll save you money in the long run, and it's better for the environment too. Inconsistent or sub-par print results? The S405 serves up nice, crisp blacks; quality photo reproductions, and much quicker than you would expect from a machine in this price range. In fact its impressive: 33 pages per minute for black & white printing, and 30 pages per minute for color jobs. A 35 page capacity autofeeder helps ensure jam-free, no-hassle printing as well.
It's shutter-bug friendly too, with a memory card reading slot and a USB port. The controls are intuitive and the interface with your machine is slick, not clunky like many off-the-shelf printing solutions. In fact, installing the drivers and interface programs via the setup disk is the only thing time consuming about this product, and that's a one-time process.
This is all in a package that most employees can lift without too much trouble.
Factor in that the suggested retail price is a mere $129, the result is a sweet printer for an equally sweet price.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women